|Grilling isnít just a way to prepare food Ė itís an art form. At Frigidaire, weíre here to make your barbecue even better. If you or someone you know is a grilling master, or even if you just are starting out with your first grill, you can benefit from some of our favorite grilling tips, tricks, and secrets. |
Here are some of our favorite grilling tips so that you get the best tasting grilled or barbecued meals:
- When youíre roasting meat or poultry, use a grill rotisserie spit to get juicy, evenly cooked meals in minutes. Frigidaire offers a grill rotisserie spit kit that has everything you need to install and use it on your Electrolux or Frigidaire grill.
- Make sure that everything in your grill is clean, from the grill rotisserie spit to each individual grill grate. Clean equipment means better tasting food overall.
- Always preheat your grill with the hood closed for at least 10 minutes so that it comes to temperature properly.
- Unless youíre using a grill rotisserie spit, you should only be turning your food once. Frequent turning can cause the food to lose some of its juices and become dry or tough.
- Make sure that you adjust your cooking times and temperatures to the outside weather. Depending on where you are, what season it is, or what the weather is like, cooking times and methods are going to vary.
- Manage the heat in your grill to suit the food youíre making. Foods like steak will cook much faster and can be put directly over the heat source. If youíre cooking a food slower, like ribs, be sure that youíre putting the food on a portion of your grill thatís not over the direct heat source and control the temperature so that it cooks slowly and stays tender.
- Using a marinade with some oil in it will help keep meats from sticking to the grill grates. Donít apply the oil to the grates directly, as this causes a fire hazard. Instead, marinate your meat and then put it on the grill.