View the full recipe at FormerChef.com
Salmon Cakes with Spicy Yogurt Remoulade Ingredients:
- 2 tsp mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 tsp capers, minced
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 4 each cornichon pickles, minced (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp. chili-garlic paste
Add all the ingredients together. Makes for 1/2 cup sauce.
Salmon Cakes Ingredients
- 8 oz cooked salmon, flaked into small pieces (you can use canned if you donít have fresh)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice (about 1/2 yellow onion)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (1/2 cup for cakes, 1/2 cup for breading)
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Dice the onion and bell pepper. Saute in 1 tsp olive oil until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, mix together the salmon, sauteed onion and red bell pepper, parsley and dijon. Mix in the beaten egg and 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs. The egg and bread crumbs should act as a binding agent. Divide the mixture into 4 parts, pressing each into a 1? thick round cake. Press the cakes into the remaining 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs on both sides.
Heat a large saute pan, but be careful not to get the pan too hot or the cakes will burn on the outside. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and using a spatula, put the salmon cakes in the pan. Brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Gently turn over the cakes and place the pan in the oven, about 7 minutes to finish cooking.
Makes 4 salmon cakes.